Saturday, December 26, 2009

OK, come on in.

To get things going.

This is as much me telling myself what I will be doing with this blog as it is an introduction, so don't feel that you have to concentrate too much here.

I have been a make'n'do kind of person since the beginning. Son of a cabinet-maker, who was son of a foundry man cum smith, who was son of a (very good) stone mason, so there is a bit of a trend there.

In recenter times, I have become involved with the Society for Creative Anachronism (http://www.sca.org) as it manifests itself in this part of the world. Society members may know me better as Lowrens, of Southron Gaard in the Kingdom of Lochac.

Although singing was my initial avenue for joining the Society, it also has a strong make'n'do ethic which has held my interest and has been a contributing factor to the activities which will be recorded here.

So, cutting to the chase: this blog records the tale of a particular thread of woodworking which started in late 2007, and seems to be maintaining itself comfortably well with no immediate signs of tail off.

Now read on.

No comments:

Post a Comment